Top 5 Things To Do in Austin: Tacos, Patios and more!
November 8, 2020
Visiting Austin, TX for the first time?
As a digital nomad, I spent a whole month in Austin and have visited several other times. It is one of my favorite cities and has so much to offer!
Here are my top five things to do in the Texas State Capital.
- Eat Breakfast Tacos - Austin is known for their incredible breakfast tacos and I recommend eating them at every opportunity! Some of my favorites include Veracruz All Natural, Pueblo Viejo and Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ.
- Paddle on Lady Bird Lake - Go kayaking or paddle boarding on Lady Bird Lake! You’ll get incredible views of downtown and escape some of the Texas heat. Paddle at dusk to watch the bats take off from South Congress bridge from the water.
- Explore South Congress Ave - Walk down South Congress Ave for an eclectic variety of restaurants and shops. Be sure to check out the ‘I love you so much’ mural on Jo’s Coffee and order an iced turbo!
- Enjoy an outdoor bar or restaurant - Sit outside on a spacious patio and enjoy delicious food with a cold drink. My favorites are Cosmic Coffee and Beer, Easy Tiger on South Lamar and Austin Eastciders at Barton Springs.
- Eat Texas Asian Fusion - There are several incredible restaurants in Austin offering a fusion of Asian cuisine and Tex-Mex or BBQ. Try Loro for an Asian Smokehouse, Kemuri Tatsu-Ya for Japanese izakaya with a Texas twist or East Side King for Japanese street food with the soul of Austin.
Check out my four day itinerary for visiting Austin for more information.
Thanks for Reading!
Let's stay in touch!
Join the Lost with Lydia email list to get monthly travel guides and tips!